Every Thursday and one weekend a month, BEAM hosts "Office Hours". Just as in college, students can bring anything they're working on and receive help or advice from staff and volunteers.
Here's a list of things we worked on this weekend at Office Hours:
- Ayinde helped students prepare to take the SCAT next weekend, the first step to attending summer programs at the Center for Talented Youth (CTY)
- Amy helped Jahleel with Algebra 1
- Lynn helped Veronica with 8th grade math homework
- Ryan helped DeVaune with Geometry
- Dan led the monthly Math Team meeting, with the 8th graders preparing for MATHCOUNTS
Students also had time to take a break and eat a snack with friends.
By the time BEAM students get to college, they will be in the habit of seeking out help as needed!